United Airlines Flight 175
Flight 175, a Boeing 767 with the tail number N612UA, was scheduled to depart Logan at 8:00 am for Los Angeles International Airport. On September 11 the passengers included Marwan al-Shehhi, Fayez Banihammad, Ahmed al-Ghamdi, Hamza al-Ghamdi and Mohand al-Shehri, who would later be named as suspected hijackers.
- The hijackers weren't on the 9/11 passenger manifests?
- There were unusually few passengers on the 9/11 flights?
- Only a very small number of passengers are listed in the Social Security Death Index?
- NORAD were alerted of the hijacking at 8:43, not 9:03, as the 9/11 Commission claimed?
- The calls from the hijacked flights were faked?
- The flights were flown by remote control, not hijackers? (Technical analysis)
- Photos show the plane that hit the south tower was the wrong size to be Flight 175?
- There's no real evidence that Flight 175 crashed at the WTC?
- The black boxes were secretly recovered?
- FAA records show Flight 175 registration number was valid for years after 9/11?
Flight Explorer flight path
Many videos show the final approach and impact of Flight 175. (Some of the following are scaled down to ensure this player fits a 1024 x 768 display. Use the full screen button, the icon next to the right-hand timer, to view them in full.)
Get the Flash Player to see this movie.
Wreckage and personal effects were recovered from the scene. Some of these shots are labelled only as plane fragments from ground zero, and not specifically identified as coming from Flight 11 or 175.
There are more videos, images and witness reports on the United Airlines Flight 175 Crash Evidence page
The Flight 175 passenger manifest has been published at the Moussaoui trial, and we've obtained further documents that reportedly came from the FBI.
The NTSB have released the following Flight 175-related documents.
- ATC Report
- Flight Path Study]
- Recorded Radar Data Study for all Four Aircraft
- Radar Data Impact Speed Study
- Video Data Impact Speed Study
- Debris Trajectory Study
And the FAA have made these documents available:
- Transcripts of communications between New York Air Route Traffic Control Centre and the hijacked planes
9/11 Commission interview summaries.
- Marc Policastro, United Airlines
- 9/11 Commission briefing on the actions of the UAL Crisis Centre
- Rich Miles, United Airlines
- Joe Cooper, Boston ATC
- Jon Schippani, Boston ATC
- John Hartling, Boston ATC
- Dawne Deskins, NEADS
- FAA Ops Centre
- Richard Ducharme, FAA
- Ed Ballinger, United Airlines flight dispatcher
- Mike McCormick #1, NY ATC
- Mike McCormick #2, NY ATC
- Steve Saul, NY ATC
- David Bottiglia, NYC ATC
- Evanna Dowis, NYC ATC
- David LaCates, NY ATC
- Anthony Palmieri, NY ATC
- Mark Merced, NY ATC
- Peter McCloskey, NY ATC
- James Kurz, NY ATC
- Sgt Steve Bianchi, NEADS
- Robert Birch, NYC ATC manager
- Lorraine Barrett, NYC ATC
- Rich Belme, Manager of United Airlines SAMC in San Francisco
- Richard Beringer, Boston ATC
- FBI interviews relating to Flight 175
- FBI documents with background information on the Flight 175 and Flight 93 passengers
- FBI summary on the Flight 175 hijackers
- FBI reports on people who booked tickets for Flight 175 and Flight 93 but didn't board the planes
- An interesting radar-based timeline for Flight 175, so you can see where the plane was when different events occurred