United Airlines Flight 93
In September 2001 and during certain other periods earlier in the year, United Airlines Flight 93 provided daily, nonstop service from Newark (Liberty) International Airport in New Jersey to San Francisco International Airport. The aircraft was a Boeing 757. Tail number N591UA. On September 11, passengers aboard the 8:00 am flight would include Ziad Jarrah, Saeed al-Ghamdi, Ahmed al-Haznawi and Ahmed al-Nami, who would later be named as suspected hijackers.
- The hijackers weren't on the 9/11 passenger manifests?
- There were unusually few passengers on the 9/11 flights?
- Only a very small number of passengers are listed in the Social Security Death Index?
- The Mark Bingham call doesn't make sense?
- Deena Burnett said she received cell phone calls from husband Tom, but the FBI said he made only airfone calls?
- Tom Burnett said he saw a gun on the flight?
- The calls from the hijacked flights were faked?
- FBI evidence at the Moussaoui trial says only two of the Flight 93 calls came from cell phones?
- The flights were flown by remote control, not hijackers? (Technical analysis)
- FAA records show Flight 93 registration number was valid for years after 9/11?
Flight Explorer flight path
Moussaoui trial exhibits
- 9/11 Commission summary of a DoJ briefing on the Flight 93 calls
- 9/11 Commission summary of an interview with Lisa Jefferson, GTE
Smithsonian Institute Flight 93 Exhibition
Miscellaneous low resolution shots
The article linked to some of these shots:
Mayday #1 (distressing: caution advised)
Mayday #2 (distressing: caution advised)
Air Traffic Control try to contact Flight 93
Ziad Jarrah says there's a "bomb on board"
Flight attendant CeeCee Lyles leaves a message about the hijacking
Further information was revealed at the Moussaoui trial.
The NTSB have released the following Flight 93-related documents.
- Flight Data Recorder Report
- ATC Report
- Flight Path Study
- Autopilot study
- Recorded Radar Data Study all Four Aircraft
- Reports on the cockpit voice recorders for Flight 77 and Flight 93
- Some NTSB reports found in a 9/11 Commission file
9/11 Commission interview summaries.
- 9/11 Commission briefing on the actions of the UAL Crisis Centre
- Rich Miles, United Airlines
- Ed Ballinger, United Airlines flight dispatcher
- Sgt Steve Bianchi, NEADS
- FAA Ops Centre
- Mark Barnik, Cleveland ATC
- Greg Dukeman, Cleveland ATC
- Mark Evans, Cleveland ATC
- Richard Kettel, Cleveland ATC
- Rich Belme, Manager of United Airlines SAMC in San Francisco
- Dawne Deskins, NEADS
- FBI interviews relating to Flight 93, everything from how tickets were booked to witnesses who saw it from the ground
- FBI summary on the Flight 93 hijackers
- FBI documents with background information on the Flight 175 and Flight 93 passengers
- United Airlines report Flight 93's past history, 9/11 times, load factor, hijackers boarding times etc.
- Armed Forces DNA Identification Laboratory paper, including a brief discussion on what can be learned from the Flight 77 and Flight 93 hijackers DNA samples (see pages 82-84)
- FBI reports on people who booked tickets for Flight 175 and Flight 93 but didn't board the planes
- Purchases of knives by the hijackers, and details of knives found at the Flight 93 crash scene
- A timeline of Flight 93 based on ATC radio transmissions
- Email on the "ghost Flight 93" scenario
- Mark Bingham and Tom Burnett's mothers mention hearing their son's voices on the Flight 93 cockpit voice recorder
- Environmental Restoration Begins At Somerset Site
- Latest Somerset crash site findings may yield added IDs
- Crash site cleanup cost $850,000